HEPS ME OBI WAN

HEPS ME OBI WAN

Postby Eiin » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:31 pm

All:

Since I've reloaded WoW from scratch recently (thanks to a flaky HDD) I don't have any add-ons and want to start getting a few ones setup.

I haven't raided since WOTLK and therefore have not paid any attention to add-ons.

A few questions:

1. Is cursed.com still the best place to download them (no virii, malware, etc.)?
2. Is recount still the best DPS analyzer?
3. Is DBM the best boss mod? I guess I'll need it if *shudder* I stick my toes in LFR at some point.
4. I'm looking for suggestions for 2 mods that I want but have forgotten what I used to use:
a. A really good & flexible unit frame mod w/o eleventy billion options to wade through; and
b. A buf bar mod that must have the ability to show bufs as bars with a good whitelist/blacklist capability.

Any suggestions? All replies appreciated !!
Zukster (Hunter) / Hammir (DK) / Hizzter (Shaman) / Eiin (Paladin) / Hizzwar (Warrior) / Peaux (Monk. Get it ?) / Keelein (Priest) / Ookyou (Mage)
Hizzdru (Druid) / Eeleedan (DH) / Groin (Warrior, alliance)
Eiin

Re: HEPS ME OBI WAN

Postby Eiin » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:39 pm

Whoopsie-doodle (said in of Flabutt's voice), I forgot another one:

A good button mod that lets me mash ctrl & alt to bring up other key banks on top of the normal 1-0 and -, = keys.
Zukster (Hunter) / Hammir (DK) / Hizzter (Shaman) / Eiin (Paladin) / Hizzwar (Warrior) / Peaux (Monk. Get it ?) / Keelein (Priest) / Ookyou (Mage)
Eiin

Postby Xremi » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:35 pm

1. Curse, yes. I still use this every day to update addons. I use the free Curse client so I don't have to go to the website.
2. Recount, I still use this one as a DPS analyzer. There's another fairly common one but I think Recount is still the most popular.
3. DBM is like Recount as far as mainstream/popularity goes, but can come down to personal preference between another common boss mod warning addon.
4a. I use Grid. I'm not super great at modifying it but I like it better than the default Blizz unit frames and it's fairly light weight which is great for my crappy laptop.
4b. No suggestion here. I use a few different addons to track certain buffs/debuffs/class specifics, but show the standard Blizz buffs in a modified location with MoveAnything.
5whoopsie. Bartender is pretty standard for buttons/bars/extra key binds.

Other addon you may want to play with is WeakAuras. If you ever tried PowerAuras back in the day, WeakAuras is similar in concept to PowerAuras but is more like PowerAuras on crack. It's amazing and I love it more everytime I figure out what another variable does. You can also import a ton of pre-written strings that other people have already perfected. Chances are if you want to track something or display something, someone else has already written a WeakAura string for it.
Xremi ***The Commoner***
Xremi | Xsupplysgt | Xlynn | Xpaco | Xbandit | Xbob | Xaltarboy | Xleo | Xdavid | Xmonk | Xgoblin
Xremi
SDM
SDM

Postby Psychomantis » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:26 pm

1) I still hit up curse for add-ons but I don't use the client.
2) Switched to Skada, supposedly less resource dependent. Probably apples to oranges however.
3) I use DBM. BigWigs is still around and that other thing Xaoc wanted us to use in ICC was killed off by Blizz I believe.
4a) Basic unit frames would be X-perl and Shadowed, next step up would be VuhDo and Grid.
4b) Quartz can double as a upgraded cast bar as well as a buff/cool down tracker (with bars) however I don't use all of it's features since I also use DoTimer to track my debuffs on enemy targets.

Other add-ons to check out are bartender like Xremi said as well as Tidy Plates.
Psychomantis | Thesorrow | Sakura | Vulcanraven | Decoyoctopus | Chronomancer | Liquidsnake | Darthhater | Sniperwolf | Theboogieman | Cyborgninja
Psychomantis
SDM
SDM

Postby redcooter » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:55 pm

1) Curse client
2) Recount (Skada is a good choice also)
3) DBM (what I use) BigWigs and DXE (the one that was banned but is back I believe) are good too
4a) X-perl, been using it since van.
4b) Elkano's BuffBars
5) Dominos (it's like Bartender but different)

I'll also echo that Tidy Plates is possibly the best addon I've gotten.
GTFO is good for telling me to move.
Postal is great for mailing suff.
Bagnon for a bag addon.
Chatter for a chat addon.
Omen3 for threat.
ReforgeLite for doing all the math on reforges and giving a pretty good stat priority.

If you're looking for a guide for how to play ____ class the best place is IcyVeins
GL HF
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Number 2
What's the best part about UDP humor? I don't care if you get it :D
redcooter
SDM
SDM

Postby Eiin » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:01 am

Thanks everyone for the replies !!!

I'll start getting some of these loaded and playing around with them.
Eiin

Postby Psychomantis » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:49 pm

If you and/or Lawg wan't to step into LFR or even flex anytime let me know and I can que with you.
Psychomantis
SDM
SDM

Postby Hanassal » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:26 am

Not raiding related, but useful, especially with several alts:

SavedInstances (which raids/world boss are you saved to/weekly quests/valor/etc, for each specified toon)
Altoholic (tracks inventory, lists gear/professions/general info for all alts)

I've used NeedToKnow for timers/cool downs etc. There are probably better and/or I haven't figured out how to use all it's features.
Hanassal

Return to General Discussion